Solitec Limited are a manufacturer of materials handling equipment for the dry bulk solids handling and processing industry, supplying the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food and aggregates sectors.
We invest in advanced machinery and seek out opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint, whilst our streamlined production flow allows us to deliver on-time.
We are proud to be a family business and work as a team, so all our employees feel a sense of inclusion, support and belonging.
Due to our continual growth, we have a new position for a Technical Sales Engineer based in our premises at Blaenavon.
If you are customer focussed, solutions orientated and strive for excellence then you could be just what our business is looking for.
For this role candidates will need to have a Mechanical Engineering qualification whilst some knowledge and broad understanding of electrical engineering and control engineering would be advantageous.
Candidates will need to possess a good understanding of materials handling equipment, from both technical and manufacturing aspects (screw conveyors, mixers, belt conveying, metering feeders, discharging aids).
Experience and knowledge of working with different materials of construction (mild/carbon/stainless/aluminium/nonferrous) along with supplying equipment and solutions to the food, aggregates sectors etc, is essential.
This role would ideally suit somebody who is able to interpret contract documentation both commercially and technically.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Analysing and interpreting customers RFQ’s
- Producing engineering and equipment solutions.
- Compiling project cost estimates.
- Preparing and submitting sales quotations.
- Engaging in communications with customers prior to and after order placement.
- Ensuring equipment is manufactured and supplied in accordance with industry regulations and project specifications.
To succeed in this role you will need good communication and organisational skills. You will be self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance for yourself and others.
You will be a team player and have the ability to work using your own initiative. A positive outlook and ‘can do’ approach to tasks is essential.
This role is mainly office based with occasional site visits as required.
For this role we offer:
- Competitive salary:
- Annual company pay review and individual merit award review
- Overtime available to workshop hourly paid employees
- Basic hours:- Monday to Thursday 07.30 to 16.00 Friday 07.30 to 14.30
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Income Protection Plan (after qualifying period)
- Employee Support and Perks Package
- Free car parking
- Investment in our employees through learning and development
- Flexible and family friendly policies
We encourage early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if suitable candidates are found. If you would like further information, then please contact, Simon Davies, Engineering Manager on (01495) 790623.
CLOSING DATE: 27 May 2022